The major equity indices declined and hit a new intraday low as investors lost confidence in the global economy and the firms’ development prospects.
The wide NSE index NIFTY shed 183.10 points or 1.01 percent to 17,935.20 in response to negative economic statistics from the United States that suggested a potential recession and pessimistic company growth expectations. The benchmark BSE Sensex fell 578.15 points or 0.95 percent to 60,400.
- Debt-Free Penny Stock Below 10 Rupees; do you have it?
- Jackpot Multibagger Penny stock Below 5 Rs : Karodpati Banane Wala Penny Stock
- What Is Penny Stocks? Here are 5 Tips To Buy A Penny Stock
- Substantial Acquisition News, Stock Increased by more than 8% – Most trending Share
- Top 10 Dividend Paying Stocks 2022 That Gave Massive Return
Only 316 points were lost by the S&P BSE Mid-Cap, which now stands at 24,721. The Small-Cap index also declined by 240 points, closing at a level of 28,182. In a similar vein, the Bank Nifty is currently up 753 points, trading at a level of 41,979.
On January 24, domestic institutional investors (DIIs) proved to be the net buyers of shares worth 1,144.75 crore and foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) the net sellers of shares worth Rs 760.51 crore.
The list of penny stocks that were locked on Wednesday’s upper circuit is shown below. For the following sessions, pay particular attention to these counters: